It’s Sunday (as I write this) Which means I am of course meant to spend time conjuring up a whole lot of fabulous for the week. Yet, I have done nothing… but everything at the same time.
This morning I woke (always a miracle in itself which I am thankful for) to embark on a morning jaunt on the parents in law’s boat, and enjoy some of mother and natures finest. A calm sea and some very delicious crayfish. The weather… tropical (and still 28 degrees at 10pm… nuts!)
I then went to work (with the fabulous Charlotte from Rock ‘n’ Rosie) and when I returned home, I found both hubby and I had brought home the exact groceries. A nice bottle of wine and some chippie and dippie, which we both enjoyed while letting our 8 dogs run rampant. Bliss.
Roll on a couple of hours… and hubby has just presented me with an egg, bacon, cheese and chicken toasted sandwich for dinner. Ok so it doesn’t exactly fit the 5 fruit/vege a day recommendation but hey, that’s some good tucker.
And while I am watching hubby cook tea, I am sneaking in a post. Life is good. Not only due to my uniquely fun morning, and because tea looks deliciously appealing… but because I have found my soul mate, and not a day goes by that I don’t think about it.
In past relationships I had always wondered… how do you know if he is the one? When you have found the one, you stop wondering. It’s as simple as that.
After two years of marriage to my number one, my hero, the man who inspires me daily… I have been thinking… what actually makes him the one (if I was to be more specific) and this is the shortened version of what I came up with…
1. He get’s me. Through good or bad, he just knows. When times are tough, I don’t have to ask for a cuddle. When times are great, he shares my enthusiasm and happiness.
2. Hanging out together is the bomb. We laugh, we talk, we enjoy a wine, and it doesn’t matter where we are, or what we are talking about… I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
3. He goes to work everyday (and is often up by three in the morning) without complaint. I get a good morning/goodbye kiss every morning without fail, and he has never once complained that he is off to work (while I usually get to sleep till 6, if not longer). He is a provider, and a bloody hard worker. Respect.
4. We can read each others mind without even looking at each other, and I enjoying knowing that I know what he is thinking (if that makes sense?)
5. I adore him. When he comes home from work (or vice versa) I simply cant wait to see him. I get butterflies every time. And I always greet him with a hug and a kiss (if the situation permits) and listen to how his day has been, because it’s the least I can do, when he makes me so god dam happy.
Want to throw up yet? Maybe? Or maybe you know exactly what I am talking about. Or maybe you have been asking yourself this oh so important question recently, in the lead up to your wedding day? So, maybe (just maybe… that’s a lot of maybe’s) NOW is a good time to think about it. Just saying. Why not write down YOUR five (or ten, or even just your definite one) because nothing beats a good ole brainstorm about WHY you are about to marry the man (or woman) you consider your soul mate. Warm fuzzies (or not?) Feel free to share your thoughts below… ♥